CLPD Youth was re-launched in 2018 with the intention of engaging young Labour members in issues of party democracy and reforming the youth structures of the party.
Click here to download our introductory leaflet
Who are we?
What we campaign for
- We are CLPD Youth, the youth wing of the Campaign for Labour Party Democracy! We are a group of Young Labour activists who want to see a more democratic Young Labour and Labour Party. We want to inspire Young Labour members to campaign for these goals.
- We want Labour not just to form a government but to irreversibly transform the balance of power and wealth in our society. We believe that in order to do this, a major step will be to transform the internal structures of our party to make them more democratic.
Our Future Plans
- A transformed and democratic Young Labour and Labour Party, led by and accountable to its members and rank-and-file trade unionists.
- Mandatory re-selection of all Labour representatives.
- An annual, sovereign Youth Conference with standing orders and motions.
- The implementation by a Labour government of the 2017 Labour manifesto, 'For the Many, Not the Few'.
Interested in getting involved?
- Organise Young Delegates for National Party Conferences
- Organise delegates for Young Labour conferences
- Develop proposals for the way the structures of Young Labour might be transformed
- Help to inform fellow Young Labour members about the often tricky internal structures and processes within the Labour Party
- Develop a space for the debate of socialist ideas and how we would like to transform our party and our society
30/6/18: CLPD submission to Labour Party democracy review
Back to home page