The story begins back in 1895 when Mr. Bishop of The Church Army held meetings from his caravan on Mill Green Common. Out of this and a three week visit by Mr. Humphries of The Counties Work the following year, grew a group of dedicated Christians. They met on The Common during the summer and used available local homes when the colder, darker days prevailed.|
Various meetings were held at Woodside Cottages including a regular children’s group attended by around forty, ranging in age from four to fifteen! More space was needed and a Sunday School commenced in a larger home, now known as Ivy Cottage. This also became the venue for other activities including the mid-week prayer meeting and Bible teaching.
As numbers increased so did the need for a permanent place for meeting. After much prayer the decision was taken to build. With twenty-four in fellowship work began, costing a total of
The Hall remained architecturally similar for many years but in the early eighties it was extended and modernised to accommodate a range of activities; the work being completed in 1984.
Recent improvements to the building in 2007 include new entrance doors and double glazed windows in the front hall.